Photo Calendar Contest
LMA Calendar Photo Contest: Entry Deadline August 1, 2017
The annual Lake Manitou Association photo contest is kicking off again this season with 13 winning photos to be featured in a 2018 calendar. The following are rules and guidelines:
- The photography contest is open to persons of all ages who love Lake Manitou
- Entries will be accepted digitally via email to Janet Holcomb (email@example.com) or can be directly mailed to LMA, PO Box 376, Rochester, IN 46975 Note: printed photos are to be submitted on photo paper to ensure original colors. We are unable to guarantee the return of photos.
- Individuals may submit up to 3 photographs for consideration
- Please include photographer’s name and contact info with each photo
- Photos must be positioned in landscape orientation, not portrait style, in order to fit calendar pages!
Please try to send your photos in the highest resolution possible. It’s great to capture all seasons as well as people on camera! Showcase the beauty and fun of Lake Manitou (we love photos with people too!). Following the August 1 deadline, winning photos will be announced and the calendars will be prints. Calendars will be distributed to all lake homes around Labor Day.
Keep those cameras close- you never know when that perfect shot will be in front of you!
News & Events 8.18.17
Channel Dredging to Begin
You may have noticed mobilization of a barge and giant excavator onto Ford's Court this past week. Dredging of the inlet to the 3rd channel is set to begin next week. The spoils and sediment material will be removed from the lake and put on the barge then transported to the empty lot owned by Ed Lanuti at 2101 Ford’s Court where a second excavator will offload the material from the barge into a sealed truck to be hauled offsite. This process will continue until 1889 cubic yards of material has been removed. This will leave the nearly impassable channel 3.5’ deep by 35’ wide and 300’ long! Please be patient and avoid this area while contractors are working, if possible. Thank you LMA for continuing to improve our wonderful lake.Read More Read ALL
Local News 8.21.17
Health Dept.: West Nile virus tests positive here
Three pools of mosquitoes tested by the Indiana State Department of Health came back positive for West Nile virus in Fulton County, according to a Fulton County Health Department press release. Local health officials are reminding residents to stay...Read More